Wednesday, June 17, 2009




Sorry for the delay in posts. I've had a busy past few days that involved job interviews and the related preparation. Ok...and I'll admit... I also recently got back into playing World of Warcraft. So yeah... that monopolized a bit of my time. But who can blame me during a period of job hunting-induced stress?!

Anyway, have I got a historic wedsite for you! There are a few other Medieval, Renaissance, or period-inspired wedsites out there (at least, ones that are easy to find), but a lot of them cover past weddings and are very retrospective. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, except that some of them have broken links and broken links make me sad. Meran and Dusty's Vow Renewal wedsite covers an in-progress historic wedding. I also think it's very cool that their Medieval wedding is a vow renewal. Kudos to them for doing it again their way for their 10th anniversary!

Now check out the planning that they are putting into this event. First of all, notice that they've given themselves a *lot* of time. Considering the details they are hoping to include (check out the Medieval utensils!), they need that time. Take a lesson from them and, if you are planning a historic themed wedding, give yourself a LOT of time to plan it all out, especially if you are the type of historic bride/groom who hates kitschy things. Not that I necessarily think kitschy historic weddings are a bad thing, but if you hate that and you don't give yourself enough time and save enough money... Kitschy things are easier to obtain on a time and money pinch.

Also notice the inspiration spread throughout their wedsite. Waterhouse paintings, location photos, and movie screen shots are a great way to help you think about the look and feel you'd like. If you haven't browsed through period related artwork and films, do so. It can help solidify ideas. Although not included on the wedsite, Meran has posted inspiration boards, like the one above, to help her further determine the look and feel of the wedding. I think it's an excellent idea because, let's face it, some of us can become so consumed in the general idea of the theme that we forget the small, unifying details that can make a wedding unique, personalized, and, well, nice looking!

The couple also have a planning blog which contains some useful things to consider. Their most recent entry, for instance, describes their decision to change the date to save money. Check and see if your castle or historic hotel venue have discounted rates for certain days or seasons!

I love this wedsite and I'm so excited for the couple. I can't wait to see photos of the big day! You can be sure that I'll link to them when it comes.

If anyone else has a historically themed wedsite, let me know and I will try to blog about it. I'll probably post mine at some point, once I get permission from all involved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment